“Lakbay Tayo St. Thérèse. Ka-alagad, Kaibigan, Ka-misyon.”
National Theme Songwriting Competition for the Fifth Visit of the Relics of St. Thérèse of the Child Jesus in the Philippines
I understand and agree to the following terms and conditions in joining this competition:
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- In the event an Entry is declared a Finalist (“Finalist Entry/ies”) in the Competition, the Contestant agrees to grant and assign to Jesuit Communications Foundation, Inc. and the National Organizing Committee (NOC) of the 5th Philippine Visit of the Pilgrim Relics of St.Thérèse, all rights, title, interest and copyright to said Entry. The Contestant shall execute the necessary Exclusive Publishing Agreement in favor of Jesuit Communications Foundation, Inc. prior to the formal announcement of the Finalists. The failure or refusal of a Contestant to execute said agreement prior to the announcement shall be a ground for disqualification.
- Without limiting the foregoing, the Contestant agrees that in the event that his/her/their entry is selected as Finalist, Jesuit Communications Foundation, Inc and the National Organizing Committee (NOC) of the 5th Philippine Visit of the Pilgrim Relics of St. Thérèse shall have the exclusive and unlimited right, worldwide and in perpetuity, to the musical composition (music and lyrics), with the full right and authority:
- 2.1. To use, synchronize with, and exhibit the musical composition in any audiovisual work, including, but not limited to, motion pictures, television shows, commercial advertisements, and/or audiovisual presentations;
- 2.2. To broadcast, transmit, televise, or otherwise make available, and publicly perform, said musical composition;
- 2.3. To record, produce, reproduce, promote, distribute, and sell sound recordings or audio representations of the musical composition
- 2.4. To edit or adapt the musical composition to conform to the technological or commercial requirements of phonograph records in various formats now or hereafter known or developed;
- 2.5. To cause its delivery through any mode of delivery now or hereafter known, including, but not limited to streaming, subscription, downloading, webcasting, etc.
- 2.6. To license or exploit the musical composition for any commercial or legal purpose;
- 2.7. To eliminate or edit material which may subject Jesuit Communications Foundation, Inc to any civil or criminal action;
- 2.8. To authorize the adaptation or translation of the work;
- 2.9. To authorize the production or manufacture or merchandise using, suggesting, or being a representation of the Entry or any part thereof;
- 2.10. To set rates for any and all usages, or to not charge therefore, at Jesuit Communications Foundation, Inc. sole discretion;
- 2.11. To collect all revenues due on all transactions entered into by it; and to represent the Contestant/s in all matters relating to their respective Entry/ies;
- 2.12. To authorize third parties to do any or all of the above, or to assign any of its rights herein;
- 2.13. To use the same for any purpose, in any manner and by any means, at Jesuit Communications Foundation, Inc sole discretion.
- In addition to the above rights, Jesuit Communications Foundation, Inc. and the National Organizing Committee (NOC) of the 5th Philippine Visit of the Pilgrim Relics of St. Thérèse shall have the following rights:
- 3.1. to use any or all of the Entries submitted, free of charge, in connection with the airing, broadcast, and/or promotion of the Competition on any and all media, throughout the world in perpetuity;
- 3.2. to use any of the Finalist Entries for any purpose or usage on any of its programs or platforms, including the use thereof in replays beyond the periods indicated, without need for any remuneration to the Contestant by Jesuit Communications Foundation, Inc:
An entry submission constitutes the permission to use the songwriter’s name and information provided on the form without necessitating permission and compensation.
All entries will become the property of the Jesuit Music Ministry of Jesuit Communications Foundation and the National Organizing Committee (NOC) of the 5th Philippine Visit of the Pilgrim Relics of St. Thérèse. By submitting the entry, the songwriter agrees that any and all intellectual property rights are deemed assigned to JesCom. Furthermore, JMM reserves the right to modify the selected song.